***Update*** Phone is is being replaced vis warranty….
I have decided to try and test battery life of different kernels. I hope these tests will give some insight to whether or not there is a big difference between low voltages (LV) and standard voltage (SV) kernels. For now I have included results (see links) for one kernel and will be including another this evening. As always, comments/feedback wanted.
The test will be performed as follows:
- Fully charge the battery with a wall charger
- Delete /data/system/batterystats.bin
- Start a battery tracker with 1 minute logging
- Set the screen to 100% power and no timeout
- Start the movie using rockplayer, volume = 0 (How to Train Your Dragon)
- Unplug the phone from the charger 7
- Wait for the battery to read a minimum of 70%
- Stop the test
- Pull the log data for the battery and use the data from 90% down to 80%
How to Train Your DragonVideo Specifications Format MPEG-4 Visual Codec XVID Duration 2 Hrs Width 480 Height 256 Frame Rate 24fps Size 394MB Audio Specifications Format Mpeg2/4 Audio Bitrate 128kb/s Frequency 48.000Hz Channels Stereo